Search Posts

Monday, April 19, 2010

We all get the slip sometimes every day; I just keep it to myself...

I found out quite recently that the lab at which I am currently volunteering--the one at which I was hoping to secure a paid position--is shutting down some time in this June. It is pretty much the only active participant-based research laboratory in the Linguistics department. There is always corpus or computational based research to be done, but I quite prefer getting data from real live people!

I decided to branch out and contact some of the research faculty in a different but related department--Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. There are quite a few labs that do psycholinguistic or cognitive science (mind-brain relationship) research. So far the two professors who run the two labs that are tied as my first choice have scheduled to meet with me. I am excited! I would be pleased to simply work for experience as I am now, but boy would it be nice to get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment