Search Posts

Saturday, April 10, 2010

life is a highway

I worked on a Saturday and it's OK because I actually enjoy my job. Granted, I may have been a bit less cheery if I had to come in to the lab early in the morning, rather than at around noon. I'd like to say that weekends are for sleeping in, after all, but, I have to admit that I enjoy sleeping in every day. I am simply not a morning person.

Due to my own procrastination, I wound up having to leave the apartment without having eaten. I figured I'd pick up something at the (rather good) café that is attached to the medical building the lab is within--of course I neglected to observe that the café is closed on weekends! So there I was, administering muted video stimuli to participants in an absolutely silent room when my stomach starts growling loudly. Ugh. It wasn't until around 3-o'clock that I wound up getting some food in my belly at San Diego State before taking the bus over towards Hillcrest for another day of Anime Conji.

I arrived at Anime Conji around 5ish,
grabbed some deliciously seasoned yakisoba noodles from the same folks who were doing Japanese calligraphy the day before, and got Ry to buy me a fun DragonQuest Slime shirt. Ry was there pretty much all day, but he's a bit more into the anime fandom than I.

After my short stay, we decided to head home since Holly and Kris had invited us to dinner at their place.

We hopped on the 20 bus since it arrived before the 120. It was a very spontaneous act--much more like the old Sarie (i.e. pre-agoraphobia). I was good until we hit the highway...and kept going on the highway...and going. I had a pretty good panic attack but I think I handled it quite well. The 20 spit us out near the City College trolley station. I panicked on the trolley, too. Before that, I had only been riding the trolley to and from school--a mere 5 stops. I think today was a pretty good boost to my self-efficacy and esteem. I'll beat this thing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment