Search Posts

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Adjusting

I've been taking 15mg of Lexapro for just over a week now. The past 3-4 days have not been all that great. I think the adjustment to this new dose has contributed to feelings of depression, some anxiety, and sensitivity to light. My dad came in town to see me and we went to go walk around Lake Murray. The whole time I was distracted by how incredibly bright it seemed outside and I found it hard to focus on what he was saying. On top of this I felt rather depressed (for no reason at all of course). By the afternoon, I felt really exhausted. My dad dropped me off at home and he went to his friend's, with whom he stays when he comes in town. The next day, I woke up with a really bad sore throat, which got worse as the day progressed. I now have a full-blown cold. Not sure if I got the heightened anxiety and depression because I was getting sick, or if I got sick because of the increase in feelings of stress. Either way, I am feeling confident that once I stop being sick, my mood will also improve since I must be close to adjusting to what is hopefully my therapeutic dose of Lexapro. I am also considering asking my prescriber for a prescription for Ativan to help me confront my agoraphobia. I think just having them available would help ease my mind. I have also bought a couple books--Dr. Weekes' classic title Simple, Effective Treatment of Agoraphobia and The Agoraphobia Workbook. I need to start getting more serious about this stuff and take my life back.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome weblog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for? you make blogging glance easy. The whole glance of your site is fantastic, as {smartly as} the content!
    Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot

    ReplyDelete