Search Posts

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Paxil withdrawals

I've been on 10mg of Paxil for 5 nights (tonight will be night 6) and 5mg of Lexapro for 5 days (tomorrow will be day 6). I've been getting dizzy spells (definitely the Paxil withdrawal) and also nausea whenever I eat anything (perhaps a temporary side effect of newly taking Lexapro or maybe Paxil withdrawal). I've definitely been on-edge since at least Friday (noise sensitive, impatient, easy to lose my temper) and so it makes it easier to have a panic attack, but, it's been manageable albeit exhausting. Hoping to go down to 5mg of Paxil Monday night, but if I still feel pretty dizzy, I'll delay that transition a bit. I had a very active week last week (lots of intense fitness classes and a long bike ride) with the exception of Friday when I started to feel not so well. All in all, it seems like my withdrawal symptoms aren't as bad as they could be and for that I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that isn't as bad as I've had it. As long as you aren't hallucinating, things are cool.

    And Lexapro is pretty awesome once you are up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already liking it. Not nearly as tired as I was when I was on the full dose of Paxil.

    ReplyDelete