Search Posts

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quinoa pasta

Many people consider pasta a comfort food, but, really, unless it is mac 'n cheese, I'm not all that nuts over pasta. My boyfriend, however, could live off of pasta if I let him. It's not the most healthful thing to be addicted to, so I have been searching for a more healthful food that would satisfy his pasta desires. Enter quinoa pasta!

Quinoa has been becoming more and more popular, but, for those of you who do not know, it is a grain that is particularly nutritious, boasting about 8 grams of protein per cup, cooked. Quinoa pasta feels substantial, unlike, in my opinion, regular semolina flour pasta. I made a lovely dish using it tonight. The pasta was accompanied by a tomato basil sauce, mixed with sautéed (in blood orange olive oil) tomato, herbed tofu, zucchini squash, eggplant, and garlic.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried quinoa pasta, but if it isn't too expensive, it seems worth a try. The higher protein content would be welcome, especially for us vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete